Taking the lead from the awesome book bloggers/booktubers who created the #RYBSAT (Read-your-bookshelf-a-thon), I've decided to start this new challenge starting January 1, 2017!
Note: I made some changes to the rules so be sure to read through again if you've already visited this post.
Here's what you do:
- Go to your bookshelves. Pick out a book that you've been wanting to read on a particular shelf.
- Now continue down that line of books on the shelf (in order) until you have 12 books. (Here's an example image - most of my books are stacked instead of shelved traditionally because I have so many!) So, I choose Melissa Marr's Graveminder as my first choice and then I go up the stack until I have twelve total so I would end up at up at The Owl Killers).
- You will then read your 12 books over the next twelve months, one book each month. You can read them in order (forward or reverse), or you can plug 1 - 12 into a randomizer each month to pick your title for the month. The point is that you're not specifically choosing the book each month. It's chosen for you, either by ordered reading, or random choice.
- If you find that one of the books is part of a series and you've already read it, I will allow a substitution of another book from the series. However, if you find this happening (a whole series, several by the same author, etc) in the stack/shelf you chose, and you don't like it, I would suggest picking a different stack/shelf.
- What an awesome way to tackle books gathering dust on your bookshelves. Right?
- Challenge runs January through December of 2017
- You can cross over books from your 12 books with other challenges.
- Just remember to stick to the guidelines above.
- Easy peasy!
Sign up below and grab a button. I hope you will join me!